How can I cancel my scan?Our scanner makes every possible attempt to limit and throttle the speed of our scans so as to play nice with your application and servers, but there may be certain times when you'd want to cancel a scan and restart one later.
If you have a user account with Tinfoil Security and started a scan from your "My Sites" dashboard:
- Log into Tinfoil Security with your email and password.
- Click "View Progress" for the scan you'd like to cancel.
- Once the "Your Scan Is Running" page has loaded, click the orange "Cancel Scan!" button on the bottom left.
If you started the scan from our homepage without a user account, or if you didn't initiate the scan:
- Go to the Tinfoil Security Homepage. If you are logged in, please log out.
- Insert the URL of your website into the textbox at the top of the page and click "Go!"
- Once the "Your Scan Is Running" page has loaded and you see your results thus far, click the orange "Cancel Scan!" button on the bottom right.
As always, if you have any questions or issues at all, please feel free to contact us in our Support Chat or via any of the methods listed on our Contact Page and we'll be more than happy to assist.